Published January 05. 2013 4:00AM
Stonington — Tatyana LaFrance Boyce, a Stonington High School freshman, finished with 23 points, four steals and five rebounds as the Bears won their third straight girls' basketball game, beating Griswold 71-33.
Stonington led 31-13 at halftime before scoring 26 points in the third quarter.
Amanda Roy had 13 points, Mackensie Crowley 11 and Falecia Cabral finished with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
The Bears are 5-5.
In other games:
• Alyssa Velles scored 17 points and Olivia Ouellet had 11 for Norwich Free Academy in a 55-28 victory over Fitch in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. NFA (8-3, 3-1) led 35-11 at halftime. Mae Sefransky, a freshman, led Fitch with 10 points and Lexis Foster had nine. Fitch is 3-8, 0-4.
• Allison Stoddard had 13 points and seven steals and Jenna Schumacher 13 points, five steals and five assists to help lead East Lyme in a 50-46 victory over New London in the ECC Large Division. Sydney Swanson had her first double-double of the season with 10 points and 13 rebounds for East Lyme (8-1, 3-1) and Becca McGlone had 10 points. New London made the game close late, getting a barrage of 3-pointers from Deanna McCarvell (21 points) and Lexus Childs-Harris (19 points). New London is 4-4, 1-3.
• Kylie Fustini had 11 points and 17 rebounds as Ledyard beat Lyman Memorial 68-38. Olivia DelGrosso had 17 points for Ledyard (8-2) and Hannah Hutchins added seven rebounds. Also, Arianna Fustini had six steals.
• Casey Sullivan had 19 points, 10 rebounds and four assists in St. Bernard's 56-39 victory over Windham. Kaitlyn Berkel added 17 points, 10 rebounds and five assists and Brittney Walenta had 11 points, all in the third quarter, in the victory for the Saints (4-4). St. Bernard led 26-18 at halftime.
• Cassidy Bundy had 18 points in Montville's 42-36 loss to Plainfield. Montville is 6-2.
• Catie Quaratella had 17 points in Old Lyme's 62-46 victory over Portland in the Shoreline Conference. Hannah Behringer added 14 points and six steals for Old Lyme (2-6).
• Ashley Ziroli had 12 rebounds in Norwich Tech's 48-19 loss to Putnam in the Constitution State Conference East Division. Kianna Dailey added three assists and two rebounds for Norwich Tech (1-7, 0-4).
• Shelby Grauer had 33 points as Holy Family beat Grasso Tech 51-27 in the Constitution State Conference. Tonia Johnson and Miranda Murray each had six points for Grasso (2-7).