Published January 25. 2013 4:00AM
Groton - Mario Graham scored 16 points as Fitch High School ended a seven-game losing streak with a 55-49 victory over East Lyme in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' basketball game Thursday.
Aaron Hill added 11 points for the Falcons (3-10, 2-4) while Devonte Anderson had five of Fitch's 12 blocked shots.
Wade McNamara scored 14 points and Kevin Foster 11 for the Vikings (3-11, 0-6).
In other games:
• Kendall Marquez (28) and Julian Sanchez (24) combined for 52 points as Windham rolled to an 83-46 victory over Waterford in the ECC Medium Division. Danny Martin led the Lancers (8-5, 3-3) with 15 points, including three 3-pointers.
• Thomas Whipple scored 25 points and had six steals to lead Ledyard to a 96-36 win over Killingly in an ECC Medium Division game. Chris Gill scored 13 with 10 rebounds, Khary Childs and Darnay Gray had 12 points each, River Thomas had seven assists and Childs had eight rebounds and five steals for Ledyard (12-1, 6-0).
• Kaevon Safford's free throw with 1:02 remaining broke a 55-55 tie and Tourtellotte held on for a 56-55 win over St. Bernard, the Saints' first loss in the ECC Small Division. St. Bernard (8-6, 5-1) took a 46-39 lead into the fourth quarter but were outscored 17-9. Paul Pepas scored 16 points and Brian Harper 10 for St. Bernard.
• Old Lyme made its first three shots of the night - all 3-pointers - to open a quick 9-0 lead and the Wildcats never trailed in beating Hyde of New Haven 50-39 in the Shoreline Conference. Paul Burdick (nine points) got things started with a 3, Matti Fuller (13) followed and Tyrol (16) completed the quick run for Old Lyme (8-3).
• Chris Jenco scored 15 points to lead Windham Tech to a 77-49 win over Norwich Tech in a Constitution State Conference game. Dan Paul led Norwich Tech (1-9) with 15 points.
• Freshman Vanessa Kobyluck scored 21 points as Waterford topped Windham 45-40 in the ECC Medium Division. Sarah Pacheco added 11 points in the victory for the Lancers (3-12, 3-4), who trailed 34-31 after three quarters.
• Michelle Klinikowski scored a game-high 18 points as Ledyard rolled to its ninth straight win, 64-33 over Killingly in the ECC Medium Division. Olivia DelGrosso added 12 for the Colonels (14-2, 8-0), who led 43-12 at the half.
• Casey Sullivan scored 19 points and had 10 rebounds as St. Bernard qualified for the Class S state tournament with a 59-23 win over Tourtellotte in an ECC Small Division game. Kaitlyn Berkel had 14 points and four assists for St. Bernard (8-7, 5-1).
• Jenna Schumacher scored 13 points and had 12 rebounds to help lead East Lyme to a 51-34 win over Fitch in an ECC Large Division game. Becca McGlone scored 11, Sydney Swanson had 11 rebounds and Colleen Durkee had eight steals for East Lyme (13-2, 5-1). Lexis Foster had 22 points and blocked three shots for Fitch (4-12, 0-7).
• Hannah Behringer scored 15 points, but Old Lyme lost to Hyde 39-38 in the Shoreline Conference. Sloane Sweitzer added 13 points for the Wildcats (2-12).
• Tabitha Ford scored 10 points to help lead Grasso Tech to a 31-29 win over Amistad Wednesday night. Grasso (2-13) outscored Amistad 10-6 in the fourth quarter to pull out the win.