Laconia, N.H. - Jeramy Matos (Central Florida) went 3-for-3, including two home runs, with four runs scored and four RBI as the Mystic Schooners snapped a five-game losing streak Thursday with a 14-8 win over the Laconia Muskrats in a New England Collegiate Baseball League game.
Mystic trailed 3-0 after one inning. It then scored 11 runs over the next three innings to take an 11-4 lead.
Both teams battered the other's pitching staff. They combined for 25 hits and went through nine pitchers.
Eric Yavarone (UConn) had two hits, including a double, with three runs and an RBI for the Schooners (2-10). Also, Andrew Santomauro (Lafayette) had a grand slam and Spencer Haynes (Central Florida) added a solo home run.
Ethan Bennett went 3-for-4, including two home runs, with four RBI and three runs for the Muskrats (5-5).
• The New Bedford Bay Sox jumped out to a 12-0 lead and went on to beat Mystic Wednesday, 15-3.
Greg Porter, the former Fitch standout, had a two-run single for the Schooners in the bottom of the ninth inning. Eric Yavarone was 2-for-3 for Mystic.
Spinners beat Tigers
• Dreily Guerrero had three hits, including a double, with two runs and an RBI as the Lowell Spinners pounded the Connecticut Tigers, 10-3, before 1,702 at Dodd Stadium. Raynel Velette allowed just one hit over six innings with two strikeouts and no walks for Lowell (3-1), which had 15 hits. Juaner Aguasvivas had two hits and scored for the Tigers (1-3).
American Legion Zone VI
• Casey Zalagens hit a two-run double and Tyler Guetens added a two-run single as Montville beat Moosup, 5-4. Corey Wilcox allowed eight hits and two earned runs over five innings with four strikeouts and two walks to get the win for Montville (6-1). Tre Gonzalez earned the save by pitching two innings of no-hit relief with five strikeouts and no walks. Dylan Yaworski had two hits, including a triple, with two RBI for Moosup (3-4).
• New London scored five runs in the bottom of the fifth inning to went on to beat Ledyard-Pawcatuck 7-5. Tristan Hurley had two hits and scored for New London (6-4) and Nova Crespo drove in two runs. Jon Mewha (1-1) allowed five hits over six innings for the win and Izzy Davila earned a run by pitching a scoreless seventh. Connor Buckley had two hits and scored for Ledyard-Pawcatuck (4-5).
• Kyle Dombrowski and Trevor Turgeon had three hits each as Jewett City lost to Tri-Town 7-6. Anthony Openchofski had two hits for Jewett City (2-5).
• Kyle Holland hit a two-run single in the seventh inning to lift Esh's to a 7-5 win over Johnny Rockets Wednesday night. Paul Martinez and Alec Brown each had two hits and scored two runs for Esh's (5-3). Aaron Zrenda had two hits and drove in two runs for Johnny Rockets (5-3).
District 10 LL (11-12)
• Jayden Delaporta pitched a no-hitter to lift Mystic to a 13-0 victory over Waterford South in a winners' bracket game. Delaporta struck out seven and didn't walk a batter. Mystic scored 10 runs in the fifth inning to break the game open. Natalie Labasi had three hits, drove in three runs and scored twice and Cassie Woods had three hits and drove in two runs for Mystic. Emily Adams and Rylee McMillan each drove in two for Mystic.
• Lexi Miller pitched a one-hitter to lead Waterford North to a 14-2 win over Colchester in a losers' bracket game. Ashley Hancock scored three runs, doubled twice and tripled, Jessica Cleary had two hits and scored three times and Emily Borysewicz had two hits for Waterford.
• Salem-Bozrah beat Groton 14-7 in a losers' bracket game. Madison Bell, Sienna Newman and Emily Peterson each scored three runs for Salem-Bozrah, and three pitchers combined to strike out 11 batters.
Conn's LeDuc honored
• Connecticut College sophomore Mike LeDuc was named to the Capital One Academic All-America team, making the Division III men's cross country/track third team.
LeDuc won All-America honors in the 3000-meter steeplechase in outdoor track this season, setting a school record with a fourth-place finish of 8:59.54 in the NCAA Div. III meet at Claremont, Calif.