Published December 18. 2012 4:00AM
Griswold - Casey Sullivan made a 3-pointer at the buzzer to give the St. Bernard School a 43-42 overtime win over Griswold Monday in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division girls' basketball game.
Sullivan scored five of her game-high 19 points in the fourth quarter. She also had 12 rebounds and four steals.
Kaitlyn Berkel had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Saints (3-1, 2-0).
Kirsten Drobiak had 11 points for the Wolverines (1-3) and Paige Ansich added 10 points.
• St. Bernard, which trailed by eight points after three quarters, outscored Griswold 25-12 in the fourth and rallied for a 75-72 win over the Wolverines in the ECC Small Division. Paul Pepas led the Saints (3-0) with 20 points and six rebounds while Remy Bonser added 17 points, including five 3-pointers, and Phil Jenkins finished with 17 points and 17 rebounds.
• George Logan had 14 points as Old Lyme downed North Branford, 41-29, in the Shoreline Conference. Slater Gregory scored 12 for Old Lyme (3-0). Joe DeLucia had 10 points for the Thunderbirds (0-2).
• Kaevon Stafford had 24 points as Tourtellotte downed Wheeler, 64-36, in the ECC Small. Troy Stefanski had 15 points for Wheeler (1-2, 0-2).
• Mitchell College freshman Devonta Mosley was named New England Collegiate Conference Rookie of the Week in men's basketball. Mosley has started eight and ranks fourth on the team in scoring (10.8). He has scored in double figures five times, including a career-high 20 against Albertus on Nov. 27. The Mariners are 5-4, 1-0.
• St. Thomas More receiver-defensive back Jaleel Reed was named to the All-Colonial League first team as well as the All-New England Prep Class B team. Reggie Gaunichaux (running back-defensive back) was selected to the All-Colonial first team while Ledyard's Iriquoi Reels (running back-linebacker) and Qudeer Morgan (defensive back-receiver) were both second-team picks.