Login  /  Register  | 3 premium articles left before you must register.

Fire in Montville home quickly extinguished

By Izaskun E. Larrañeta

Publication: theday.com

Published January 10. 2013 9:00AM   Updated January 10. 2013 9:18AM

Montville — Firefighters quickly extinguished a late Wednesday night bedroom fire at a single-family ranch at 39 Fort Shantok Road.

Fire Marshal Raymond Occhialini said the fire was reported at 11:15 p.m. and appears to be an accident caused by either a candle or smoking-related materials.

The lone, female occupant safely evacuated the home. Occhialini said she was renting the home. No other injuries were reported.

The fire was confined to a second-floor bedroom. He said a mattress was destroyed as well as the frame of the futon. There was also water damage to the kitchen area.

In addition to the Mohegan fire department, Montville, Mohegan Tribal and the Oakdale fire departments also responded.

Occhialini said the tenant would be living with the landlord, who lives next door, until repairs to the home are made.


News by Town

Most Recent Poll
Who was most deserving of being elected to baseball's Hall of Fame?
Craig Biggio
8%
Jack Morris
7%
Jeff Bagwell
7%
Mike Piazza
13%
Curt Schilling
18%
Roger Clemens
10%
Barry Bonds
4%
Mark McGwire
2%
Don Mattingly
27%
Sammy Sosa
4%
Bernie Williams
0%
No one
0%
Number of votes: 978

No current items found