Published January 12. 2013 4:00AM
Enfield — Tyler Faulkner scored the game-winning goal in the third period as the NFA-St. Bernard-Bacon Academy co-op rallied to beat Tri-Town, 4-2, in hockey Friday night.
Ben Thompson had a goal and assist and Isaac Bassham and Joey Mitchell both scored for NFA (3-4), which trailed 2-0 after one period. Noah Ericson added 24 saves. The Terrorcats are 2-4.
• Tara Gabelman had 12 points and 14 rebounds as Conn College beat Middlebury 66-57 in the New England Small College Athletic Conference. Caitlin Cimino had nine points and 11 rebounds for Conn (6-8, 1-2) and Jocelyn Summers scored 11.
• Nolan Thompson had 22 points and seven rebounds as Middlebury beat Conn College 85-68 in the New England Small Athletic Conference. Joey Kizel had 19 points and five rebounds for Panthers (12-0, 3-0). Jared Shill had 18 points for Conn (5-9, 0-3) and Aaron McBurnie had 12 points and five rebounds.
• Chris Walters scored 16 points and had five rebounds to help lead St. Thomas More to a 78-70 win over Northfield Mount Hermon. Cane Broome scored 13 and Gabe Levin had 14 points and 11 rebounds for T-More. Former Stonington High standout Sam Donahue scored 12 for Mount Hermon.
• Sean Estep won the 100 and 200 freestyle as Fitch defeated New London 100-34 at UConn-Avery Point in an Eastern Connecticut Conference meet. Christian Berg won the 200 individual medley and 100 butterfly for Fitch (1-2, 1-2).
• Adam Tran won a pair of events, leading Ledyard-Stonington to a 102-81 win over Windham-RHAM-Coventry in an ECC meet. Tran won the 50-yard freestyle (22.72) and 100 freestyle (50.69).
Collin Esquirol won the 100 backstroke (1:02.34) and John Moody was on two winning relays teams for Ledyard-Stonington (4-0, 3-0).
• Clayton Otter won a pair of events as East Lyme beat Waterford 119-66 in an ECC meet. Otter won the 50 freestyle (27.38) and the 100 backstroke (1:07.15). Ryan Dumais, Antonio Smith, Dylan Luce, Thomas Whittico and Christopher Naktenis also won events for East Lyme (6-1, 5-0).
Ryan Hessling and Matt Alfultis won events for Waterford (0-3, 0-2).
• Tim DiPretoro and Dawson Luke scored for Conn College as it tied Hamilton in overtime, 2-2, in the NESCAC. Mike Petchonka had 28 saves for Conn (3-6-2, 1-4-2). Michael DiMare had a goal and an assist for the Continentals (3-6-3, 2-5-2).
• Ariel DiPasquale had a goal and an assist and Justina Germano scored once as Conn College beat Colby 2-0 in a NESCAC game. Kelsie Fralick had 29 saves for Conn (5-6-1, 2-4-1 NESCAC). Brianne Wheeler had 30 saves for the Mules (4-8, 0-7).
• Sophomore All-American Nate Giorgio won three matches while freshman Mike Shermot and junior Luke Taylor each won twice as Coast Guard Academy won two of three matches on the first day of the 25th annual Budd Whitehill National Duals.
Coast Guard lost to Messiah, ranked 24th nationally, 23-13 before beating Lycoming 30-13 and then Muskingum 38-16, the Bears' first two dual match wins of the season.
H.S. indoor track
• St. Bernard's Connor Gralton finished fifth in the mile ( 4:44.48) and teamed with Jonathan Cabral, James Rose and Ryan Londregan to place sixth in the 4x800 (9:07) at the McGreavy Invite at Wesleyan of Middletown.
• Grasso Tech improved to 3-0 with an 893-854 win over Ellis Tech on Thursday. Grant Buttermore led the Eagles with a 192, including a perfect score in the prone position, while Dino Broccoli shot 180, Jon Gessner 176, Mitchell Pavao 175 and Mack Foster 170.