Published March 13. 2013 4:00AM
Former Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman will join the American Enterprise Institute as co-chairman of the American Internationalism Project, president Arthur Brooks announced Tuesday.
The project is a new effort from AEI's Marilyn Ware Center for Security Studies that will focus on rebuilding and reshaping a bipartisan consensus around American global leadership and engagement. Lieberman will lead the effort alongside AEI Visiting Fellow and former Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl.
"There is an urgent need to rebuild a bipartisan - indeed nonpolitical - consensus for American diplomatic, economic and military leadership in the world," Lieberman said in a statement. "That's why I am grateful to AEI for initiating and sponsoring this project and why I look forward to leading it with my friend Jon Kyl."
1. Week of sentencings in Chew murder starts
2. Malloy says state, Pfizer 'closer' to deal that could expand Avery Point
3. NCIS investigating death of sub school student
1. Murphy talks economy, Social Security, but New London crowd dwells on gun control (105)
2. NASCAR shoots ... and misses (57)
3. Reforms should include handgun controls (49)