West Point, N.Y. - Waterford's Shane Sullivan had five goals and three assists to pace the Mitchell College men's lacrosse team to a 14-6 win over Regis on Saturday in a New England Collegiate Conference game.
Demetre Lyras had four goals for Mitchell (5-2, 2-0) and David Klapp added two goals and an assist. Also, Aaron Sladyk had a goal and two assists.
In other games:
• Bobby Bleistein made 11 of his 15 saves in the second half to lead 17th-ranked Connecticut College to a 10-6 victory over Williams in the New England Small College Athletic Conference. Briggs Barton scored two of his three goals in the third quarter for Conn (3-2, 3-1) and Chad Sawyer and Pat Leary added two goals each.
• Down to its final out in the second game of a doubleheader, Mitchell College rallied for four runs, beating Lyndon State 9-8 to complete the sweep of a doubleheader.
Bridget Thomson, a Fitch High graduate, delivered the game-winning single for the Mariners (4-8). Tricia Tomaselli picked up both victories, pitching a complete game in the first and two innings of relief in the second. Lindsey Romagnino homered in the first game for Mitchell and Ally Blanchette, an NFA graduate, had two RBI in the second game.
• Mystic's Arielle Cooper homered in both games as No. 6 Eastern Connecticut State split a doubleheader, beating Union, 5-1, and falling to SUNY New Paltz 6-4. Waterford's Erin Miller picking up her first career save for Eastern (2-2).
Waterford's Alyssa Hancock doubled home two runs in her first official at-bat and hit a three-run home run in her second as Eastern opened its season Friday with a doubleheader split. Hancock finished the two games with six RBI. William Paterson won the opener 5-4, before Eastern topped Concordia of Wisconsin 13-3.
Cooper had four hits in the two games, including two doubles and a triple, and drove in four runs, while Miller pitched 2 1/3 innings of relief to pick up the victory in the second game.
• Conn College's Michael Leduc won the 10,000 meters in 32 minutes, 26.33 seconds and Tristan Cole took the 5,000 in 15:46.16 at the Camel Invitational. Westfield State won with 264 points, followed by Coast Guard with 156. Conn was fourth with 76.
Ian Rathkey of Old Lyme was second in the 800 (2:01.58), while Patrick Dermody (32:55.69) and Tim Murtagh (33:12.17) finished in second and third place behind LeDuc.
• Conn College's Arianna Beers won the 5,000 meters in 18:48.44 and Sarah Matthews took the 800 in 2:24.60 at the Camel Invitational. Westfield State won the event (186 points), Coast Guard was second (138) and Conn fourth (109).
Also for Conn, Alex Cammarata was second in the triple jump (31-10 3/4), Sam Pevear was third in the discus (112-9), Hayley Adnopoz was third in the 100 (14.02) and 200 (29.26) and Sarah Huckins was third in the 5,000 (19:23.66).
• Derek Petty pitched a five-hit shutout with a career-high 12 strikeouts to lead Coast Guard to a 5-0 win over WPI in the second game of a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference doubleheader. WPI won the first game 12-8.
In game two, Ed Sella went 3-for-4 with a run for the Bears (8-3, 3-2). Nolan Gallagher had two hits, inculding an RBI, and scored and Dave Wolinski had a solo home run and sacrifice fly.
• Christian Brindamour broke Coast Guard's 100-yard freestyle record (45.40 seconds), finishing 25th at the NCAA Division III Championships in Shenandoah, Texas. The mark of 45.92 was previously held by Jim Okorn (2009).
Women's water polo
• Conn College beat Carthage College 12-7 before falling to Washington and Jefferson 10-8 in a pair of games in Erie, Pa. Ashley Amey made five blocks and a steal in the victory.