Published March 26. 2013 4:00AM
• Mitchell College swept all three weekly baseball honors in the New England Collegiate Conference on Monday as Mystic's Drew Doyle was named Player of the Week, Mike Tandy was named Pitcher of the Week and New London's Nova Crespo was named Rookie of the Week. Doyle, a sophomore outfielder, batted over .600 in three games, including two hits and three RBI against Newbury while going 4-for-6 in a doubleheader against Anna Maria. Tandy, a junior, went 2-0, earning wins as a starter and reliever while allowing only three hits over 10.1 innings with an ERA of 1.74. Crespo, a freshman catcher, batted .571 over three games with two RBI, two runs scored and two stolen bases.
• Mitchell's Tricia Tomaselli was named NECC Pitcher of the Week in softball. The junior was 2-1 in three games with a 2.62 ERA and eight strikeouts.
• Mitchell junior Shane Sullivan of Waterford was named NECC Player of the Week in men's lacrosse. Sullivan had five goals and three assists in the Mariners' 14-6 win over Regis.
• Coast Guard Academy senior Derek Petty was named New England Women's and Men's Athletic Association Pitcher of the Week in baseball. Petty pitched a five-hitter and struck out a career-high 12 in leading the Bears to a 5-0 win over WPI. He is 3-0 this season.
• Coast Guard's Ben Wolhaupter was named NEWMAC Field Athlete of the Week in men's track and field. The junior cleared 14 feet, 9 inches to win the pole vault at the Connecticut College Invitational on Saturday.
• Coast Guard's Abby Bishop was named NEWMAC Field Athlete of the Week in women's track and field. The junior won the long jump (15-9) and placed second in the high jump (4-7) during Saturday's Connecticut College Invitational.
• Eastern Connecticut State University third baseman Arielle Cooper, a senior from Mystic and Fitch High School, was named Little East Player of the Week in softball. Cooper, an All-American last season, hit .682 during the Warriors' first six games at the National Training Center in Clermont, Fla. She was 15-for-22 with two home runs, nine RBI and nine runs scored. She had at least two hits and one RBI in all six games for ECSU (3-3).
• UConn redshirt sophomore Caron Cross was named Big East Pitcher of the Week in baseball. Cross (5-0) won his fifth consecutive start, pitching seven scoreless innings in a 6-0 win over Georgetown on Saturday. He has a 1.09 earned run average in 41.1 innings this season for the Huskies.
- Day Staff Reports