Springfield, Mass. - Connecticut College rallied from a 6-1 deficit to defeat Springfield College 8-6 in a nonconference women's lacrosse game Tuesday night.
Taylor Thomas had three goals and two assists for the Camels (5-8) while Lowell Abbott added three goals and Bri Miller had two.
Trailing 6-2 at the half, Abbott scored all three of her goals to pull Conn within one, Thomas tied the game with 9 minutes, 7 seconds left and Bri Miller scored the go-ahead goal less than a minute later to put the Camels ahead for good. Miller added an insurance goal with 4:27 left.
• J.R. Hartgers' goal with 7:11 remaining gave 19th-ranked Connecticut College an 8-7 win over Amherst in the New England Small College Athletic Conference. Andrew Freedman and Briggs Barton had two goals apiece for the Camels (9-3, 6-2).
• UConn overcame an early 5-1 deficit to rout Fairfield 12-5 in Storrs. The Huskies (23-13) took charge with a six-run fourth, highlighted by a bases-clearing double by L.J. Mazzilli. Mazzilli went 3-for-3, his second straight three-hit game, and also stole his 18th base (he has not been caught this season). Freshman Christian Colletti pitched five innings to earn the win.
• Chris Mayhew had two hits, including a three-run home run in the top of the seventh inning which triggered the mercy rule, as Avery Point beat Bunker Hill CC, 14-5. Kevin Hall had two hits, two runs and two RBI for Avery (23-6) while John McMahon added three hits, two RBI and a run. Also, Nick DeLotto had two hits and two runs.
• UConn hit a three home runs, including a three-run blast by former Fitch great Brittany Duclos in the second inning, but UMass rallied from that early 3-0 deficit for a 7-6 victory in Amherst. The Huskies are 17-20.
• J.C. Cangelosi and Jonathan Kraiger rallied for three-set victories to help lift Conn College to a 7-2 victory over Coast Guard Academy. Cangelosi won 0-6, 7-5, 6-0 at No. 2 singles for the Camels (2-8) while Kraiger won his No. 3 singles match 3-6, 6-2, 7-5. Weston Fortna won at No. 4 singles for CGA.