Published April 23. 2013 4:00AM
Killingly — Eddie Santiago had two hits, three RBI and a run and pitched 5 2/3 innings to earn the win in relief as Norwich Tech beat Ellis Tech on Monday, 7-4, in a Constitution State Conference East Division baseball game.
Tommy Jankowski went 2-for-2 and scored three runs for Norwich Tech (7-2, 6-1) while Steve Sieczkowski went 4-for-5 and scored a run.
In other games:
• Williams School scored six runs in the first inning and defeated St. Thoms More, 11-4. Winning pitcher Aaron Hosking struck out six over five innings for the Blues (3-4) and Nick Smith had two hits, two runs scored and two RBI.
• Coginchaug defeated Old Lyme, 5-2 in the Shoreline Conference. Trent Garbati doubled and scored a run and Mike Mann doubled and had an RBI for Old Lyme.
• Brian Cespedes had Grasso Tech's only hit in a 13-0 loss to undefeated Cheney Tech in the CSC.
• Waterford's Adam Goss was the winning pitcher against Stonington on April 19. He was misidentified in a story that ran April 20.
H.S. boys' lacrosse
• Charles Maynard scored five goals, Xavier Mills had four goals and one assist while Jack Fader added three goals in four assists during William School's 15-4 win over St. Andrew's.
• Kevin Kohlhepp had two goals and two assists to lead Ledyard past Old Saybrook, 9-6. Nick Lauer and Connor Wilt each scored two goals while Zach Gatewood had a goal and four assists for the Colonels (5-2).
• Eric Behringer and Henry Hunt both had three goals to lead Old Lyme past Valley Regional, 11-4, in the Shoreline Conference. Devan Byrne added two goals for the Wildcats.
H.S. girls' lacrosse
• Hannah Long had five goals and an assist as Norwich Free Academy beat Waterford, 13-5. Kamryn Grace had two goals and an assist for NFA (4-3-1) and Sam Trombley scored twice. Riley Dimock scored twice for the Lancers (3-3).
• Allie Buckley and Sloane Sweitzer scored four goals apiece as Old Lyme defeated Valley Regional, 17-4. Sammi Beers and Alston Rountree had three goals apiece for the Wildcats (5-1).
H.S. boys' golf
• Trevor Hutchinson and Steve Robarge each shot a 42 to lead Grasso Tech to a 194-251 win over Hartford Capital.
H.S. girls' golf
• NFA opened its season with a 262-289 win over Bacon Academy. Katie Strickland shot a 59 to earn medalist honors for the Wildcats.
College men's lacrosse
• Mitchell ended the regular season with a 14-8 loss at Mass. Maritime. The loss snapped a six-game win streak.