Published April 24. 2013 4:00AM
North Stonington - Nate Storey had two hits, including a triple, with six RBI and four runs scored Tuesday as the Wheeler High School baseball team beat Grasso Tech 21-10.
Troy Stefanski went 5-for-6, including a double and triple, with five runs and an RBI, Mike Dellaporta went 4-for-5 with four runs, and Kevin Knowles had two hits, including a triple, with five runs and an RBI for the Lions (2-2). Also, Andrew Swift had three hits and three RBI.
Drew Pelland went 3-for-4, including two triples, with three RBI and two runs for Grasso Tech (3-5) and Brian Cespedes went 3-for-4 with two RBI and two runs.
In other games:
• Chris Turner went 3-for-4, including a double and a triple, with three runs and two RBI as Ledyard downed Griswold 7-4. Jordan Kowalski had two hits and two runs for Ledyard (5-4) and Kevan Jakuba added two hits, a run and two stolen bases.
• Izzy Davila pitched a two-hitter, striking out 11 and walking three, and also contributed two hits in Fitch's 9-2 win over New London in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Pete Aldrich went 4-for-4 with four RBI for the Falcons (9-1, 4-0), in sole possession of first place in the division. Gabriel Cruz had a hit and RBI for New London (4-4, 1-3).
• Miles Laureano had two hits and two runs scored as Norwich Free Academy defeated Woodstock 10-3 in the ECC Large. Chance Gendron also had two hits and two runs scored for NFA (5-4, 2-2).
• Mark Fitzgerald had a single and stole three bases during St. Thomas More's 13-1 loss to Chase Collegiate in the SENE. The Chancellors are 0-4, 0-1.
• Ali Patterson had a single, home run, two runs scored and an RBI to power St. Bernard past New London 12-6. Mena Buscetto had a single and triple while Shoshana Berkman had a single, double and two RBI and Gretchen Green had two hits for the Saints (3-5).
Haley Brennan went 4-for-4 with an RBI while Riley Barnes had three hits and Jessica Baskett had a single and double for New London (0-7).
• East Lyme remained undefeated with a 7-0 win over New London in an ECC Large match at Old Lyme Country Club. Drew Bradley was the medalist with a 39 and Connor Callaghan shot a 44 for the Vikings (4-0, 3-0). New London fell to 1-4, 0-4.
• Medalist Chris Bovino shot a 43 and Stonington defeated Waterford 6-1 in an ECC Medium Division match. The Bears are 3-1, 2-1. Waterford is 2-2, 2-2.
• Ben Reed shot a 47 to lead Montville over Wheeler 7-0 in an ECC Small match at Stonington Country Club. Corey Meigs had a 51 for Montville (3-1, 2-0).
• Alex Valdes earned medalist honors with a 46, leading Norwich Tech past Prince Tech 211-247 in a Constitution State Conference match. The Warriors are 3-2, 3-2.
• Matti Fuller shot 40 and Travis Russell shot 41 during Old Lyme's 170-172 loss to Morgan at Black Hall. The Wildcats are 2-2.
• John Aitkin was the medalist with a 37, leading Killingly past Ledyard 5-2 in the ECC Medium. Colin Day (49) and Mike Graff (48) won matches for Ledyard (3-1, 2-1).
• Bianca Timpano scored New London's only point in a 6-1 loss to Windham. She won her match at No. 4 singles, 6-4, 6-0. The Whalers are 0-6.
• Nicholas Zuczek, Chris Renaud, Kevin Peters and Kevin Teskey won singles matches in St. Bernard's 7-0 win over Griswold in the ECC Small. The Saints are 2-4, 2-1.