Published May 21. 2013 4:00AM
Norwich - Bryce Bedard went 3-for-3, including an RBI double, and scored as third-seeded Norwich Tech beat No. 6 Grasso Tech 4-1 Monday in a Constitution State Conference quarterfinal.
Norwich Tech will play at No. 2 Kaynor Tech of Waterbury at 4 p.m. today.
Mike Clapsadle pitched five innings and struck out five to earn the win for the Warriors (12-7) while Thomas Jankowski went 2-for-2 and scored. Justin Keating also went 2-for-3, including an RBI double.
Brian Cespedes had two hits and went the distance, striking out five, for Grasso (8-12).
In other games:
• Freshman Jeremy Santos allowed only one earned run while going the distance and also had two hits, as New London beat Wheeler 10-6. Isaias Cruz went 3-for-3, including a triple, and had two RBI and two runs scored for the Whalers (11-8). Nate Storey had two hits and scored two runs for Wheeler (7-10).
• Justin Pandolfe pitched a four-hitter in his first varsity start to lead Waterford to its 2-1 win over North Kingstown. Seth Hoagland had an RBI double to drive in the first run for the Lancers (16-4) and Jordan Hamler's RBI single scored the winning run. Also, Tom Pezzolesi had two hits.
• Steve Robarge fired a 36 to earn medalist honors, leading Grasso Tech past Ellis Tech 172-214 at Pequot Golf Course. Trevor Hutchinson shot a 39 and Justin Van Dyke had a 47 for the Eagles.
• Tyler Goddu (47), Andrew Frascarelli (53) and Mike Crowley (56) won their matches, leading Waterford past St. Bernard 5-2 at Norwich Golf Course. The Lancers improved to 7-8. Dylan Julian (42) was the medalist for St. Bernard (4-13).
• Allie Buckley had three goals and two assists to power Old Lyme past Fitch 10-9. Sloane Sweitzer had two goals and an assist and Catie Quaratella added two goals while Sammi Beers, Brooke Tinerello and Alston Rountree each had one for the Wildcats. Daria McKenna had four goals and an assist for Fitch (10-4-1), while Susanah Lucey added two goals and one assist, Krystal Czapek had two goals and Chloe Tayler also scored.
• Jordyn Irons, Emily Cassata and Maya DePasquale each scored three goals in Stonington's 10-5 win over Valley Regional. Jenny Sieczkiewicz had a goal for the Bears (10-6).
• Ledyard trailed 17-5 at halftime and never recovered, losing to Somers 23-10. Kerrie Gardner and Liz Austin each scored three goals while Ericka Jenkins and Michaela Holland had two goals apiece for the Colonels (4-12).
• Alec Powell scored five goals and Nick LoBianco had three goals and two assists in Ledyard's 16-0 win over Wheeler in the ECC Small. Nick Shultz had two goals and Kevin Kohlhepp had two goals and two assists for the Colonels (11-5, 6-2). Wheeler fell to 0-13, 0-8.
• East Lyme's first varsity boat placed second Sunday at the Connecticut Public Schools Rowing Championships. The team was comprised of Josie Roosli, Olivia Durham, Jess Kimble, Erin Lilienthal, Kathryn Vorih, Morgan Felkey, Marissa Drobiak, Ugne Kirvelevicius and Casey Mazzella.
• Alec Brown's sacrifice fly in the bottom of the eighth inning scored Jesse Sutherland as Esh's beat the Pirates 1-0. Andy Hunter went the distance, pitching a three-hitter while striking out 19, and Brian McGugan and Hunter both had two hits. Adam Regenere had a double for the Pirates.