Published September 02. 2013 4:00AM
Today is Labor Day, a state and federal holiday.
• Federal, state and municipal offices will be closed. State parks will be open.
• Post offices will be closed, although Express Mail, special deliveries and perishable items will be delivered.
• Banks and credit unions will be closed.
• U.S. financial markets will be closed.
• Southeast Area Transit District closed. No service.
• Shore Line East and Metro-North trains will run on a holiday schedule.
• The Department of Motor Vehicles is closed.
• Connecticut Lottery Corp. headquarters is closed. Regular drawings will occur.