Published October 14. 2013 4:00AM
Waterville, Maine - The Connecticut College men's soccer team scored twice in the final 15 minutes Sunday, pulling away for a 3-0 win over Colby College in a New England Small College Athletic Conference game.
Matthew Mitchell had a first-half goal and Paul Bacigalupo and Daniel Adair scored in the second half for the Camels (7-2-2, 3-2-2).
Billy Hawkey had two assists, Zach Punt had an assist and Max Nichols made six saves for Conn.
• Gloria Charles had 12 kills, 11 digs and three aces to lead Mitchell past Johnson State (Vt.) 25-16, 25-22, 25-11. Nicole Caminiti had 28 assists and 12 digs for Mitchell (6-11) and Amanda Rowan added nine kills and eight digs.
In another match, Amanda Garcia had 13 kills, three blocks and two aces as Mitchell beat Lyndon State (Vt.) 25-21, 25-21, 25-20. Barbara Fontes had 14 digs for Mitchell.
• Roisin Upton scored two goals and had two assists as No. 4 UConn beat Boston University 5-1 in a nonleague game. Chloe Hunnable, Marie Elena Bolles and Montana Fleming also scored, Chrissy Davidson and Anne Jeute had two assists each and Sarah Mansfield made two saves for UConn (12-1).
• Megan Fortier scored three goals to lead Colby to a 6-1 win over Conn College in a NESCAC game. Jillian Dahrooge scored and Kat Barker had an assist for Conn (3-6, 1-5).
• Aina Torres scored with 12:45 left in the second half as Conn College rallied for a 1-1 with Colby in the NESCAC. Annie Higgins assisted on the goal and Bella Hall made nine saves for Conn (3-4-3, 1-3-2).
• Conn College finished sixth in the 12-team Nicholas Barnett Trophy Regatta at Brunswick, Maine. Skipper Bryce Kopp and Tori Allen were fourth in the A division with 53 points and Ellis Tonissi and Marina Sachs were sixth in the B division with 65.
Conn was also 14th in the 17-team Moody Trophy Regatta in Rhode Island's Narragansett Bay. Skipper IG Schottlaender, Ben Meyers and Lea Bushnell were 13th in the A division with 111 and Jordan Bothwick and Eliza Garry were 14th in the B division with 115.
Men's water polo
• Conn College beat Cal State Institute of Technology 10-9 to end its West Coast swing and its 16-match losing streak. Robert Spencer's fifth goal, coming with 27 seconds left, was the game-winner.
Conn (2-17) lost to University of Redlands (18-5), La Verne (18-9) and Chapman (23-8). Jason Robb had 10 earned ejections on the trip, Spencer finished with 13 goals, Nick DiLeo had four assists and five steals and William Bogle had three goals for Conn.