Published October 26. 2013 4:00AM
East Lyme - Kaihley Rafferty's goal early in the second half held up as East Lyme beat Killingly 1-0 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference field hockey game Friday.
Rafferty, off an assist from Kailey MarcAurele, scored 6:25 into the second half. Sarah Bond made seven saves for East Lyme (9-4-1, 7-4-1).
In another game:
• Elizabeth Morrison scored two goals while Meagan Dreher and Molly Crowley each added a goal and an assist to help lift Waterford past Norwich Free Academy, 5-2, in the ECC.
Casey Williams also scored for the Bears (13-2, 12-1) and Jenny Sieczkiewicz had an assist. Emily Devito and Hannah Long scored goals for NFA (8-6, 8-5).
• The 12-team ECC tournament begins today with four first-round games - No. 12 Montville at No. 5 Woodstock, 4 p.m.; No. 11 Plainfield at No. 6 NFA, 4 p.m.; No. 10 Windham at No. 7 Griswold, 11 a.m.; and No. 9 Bacon at No. 8 Fitch, 1:30 p.m.
The top four seeds - No. 1 Lyman Memorial, No. 2 Ledyard, No. 3 East Lyme and No. 4 Waterford - received byes into Monday's quarterfinals, where they will host matches at 6 p.m. NFA will host the semifinals (Tuesday) and final (Thursday).
• Mae Sefransky had 39 assists and Micky Pinto 23 digs to help Fitch outlast Bristol Central 22-25, 25-15, 25-19, 19-25 and 18-16. Mckenzie Aldridge and Taylor Kelsey added 14 kills apiece for the Falcons (10-9) while Sophie Clark had eight kills.
• Morgan Lloyd had 13 kills as East Lyme beat Newtown 2-422, 13-25, 25-19, 25-15 in a nonleague game. Catherine Buckley had five aces for East Lyme (13-6).
• Old Lyme ended its season with a 25-8, 25-6, 25-7 win over Hyde of New Haven in the Shoreline Conference. Maddy Grabowski and Megan Astely had seven aces apiece for the Wildcats, who finish 3-17.
• Susan West had 12 kills to help lead Coast Guard Academy to a 3-2 win over Connecticut College. The host Bears won 25-16, 11-25, 25-18, 20-25, 15-13.
Kelsey DePorto had 11 kills, Rebekah Muller had eight kills and 11 digs, Maggie Hine had 39 assists and 11 digs and Samantha Marmolejo had 21 digs for Coast Guard (20-6). Alex Mcdevitt had 17 kills, Chloe Ainley had 14 kills, Caroline Martin had 11 kills and 11 digs and Kaitlin Cunningham had 45 assists for Conn (11-10).
• Jose Roman scored three goals as New London ended its season with a 7-1 win over St. Bernard. Jason Edwards added a goal and three assists for the Whalers (5-9-2) and Rafayel Wassef had a goal and two assists. Zavier Veliz and Kerby Appolon also scored for New London while Anthony Malchiodi converted a penalty kick for the Saints (3-12).
• Josh Ries scored both goals as Norwich Tech edged Grasso Tech 2-1 in the Constitution State Conference. Jordan Dees scored in the first half for Grasso Tech while both goalies were busy as Mike Clapsadle made 18 saves for Norwich Tech and Tom Kane 17 saves for Grasso.
• Carly Loy, assisted by Kelly Lamb, scored in the 51st minute to give Ledyard a 1-0 win over Stonington in the regular-season finale for both schools. Savannah Johnson stopped seven shots for the Colonels (9-5-2) for her first career shutout while Gabi Hoops made four saves for the Bears (7-7-2).
• Old Lyme scored a pair of second-half goals and beat Portland 2-0. Hannah O'Brien and Abby Stone scored, Meredith Aird had an assist and Tori Sims made seven saves for Old Lyme (9-5-1).
• Ugne Kirvelevicius won a pair of events to lead unbeaten East Lyme to a 109-77 nonleague victory over Wethersfield.
Kirvelevicius won the 200 IM (2:26.83) and 100 breaststroke (1:10.85) for the Vikings (14-0) while Gretchen Stelter won the 50 free (25.20) and Caroline Gonsalves captured the diving competition (254.55 points).