Published November 07. 2013 4:00AM
Montville - Talia Coleman had two goals and two assists and Mackenzie Nagy had two assists to set a school-record (21) as second-seeded St. Bernard bounced No. 18 St. Paul on Wednesday, 5-1, in a CIAC Class S girls' soccer second-round game.
Ali Regan had two goals and Ali Patterson scored for the Saints (15-4), which will play host to No. 10 Litchfield in Friday's quarterfinals (4 p.m.)
Litchfield knocked off No. 7 Hartford Classical in its second-round game, 5-0.
Mary Ranagan had 10 saves for the Falcons.
In other games:
• Meredith Moore scored twice and Sam Lee added an assist as No. 9 East Lyme beat No. 25 Brookfield on, 2-1, in a Class L second-round game.
Alison Christensen had six saves for East Lyme (18-3), which will play at top-seeded RHAM in Friday's quarterfinals (2 p.m).
RHAM beat No. 16 Pomperaug in its second-round game Wednesday, 2-1.
Marisa Griell scored for the Bobcats (6-5-7) and Steph Hunt had three saves.
• Melina Spanos had two goals and two assists and Genaya Loftis scored 12 seconds as No. 3 Waterford shutout No. 14 Holy Cross, 4-0, in a Class M second-round game.
Claire Hurley added a goal for the Lancers (14-3-2) and Hannah Swanson and Mary Grace Wyatt each had an assist, Also, Jordan Kovacs had six saves, including stopping a penalty kick.
Waterford will play host to No. 27 Sheehan in Friday's quarterfinals (2 p.m.) Sheehan upset No. 11 Lauralton Hall, 1-0 (2-1 PKs), in its second-round game.
• Molly Beck and Elizabeth O'Brien scored twice to lead No. 11 Old Saybrook past No. 6 Holy Family/Norwich Tech, 8-0, in a Class S second round game.
Olivia Hills, Devyn King, Gabby Rose and Nicole Valente scored for the Rams (10-5-2).
Shelby Grauer had seven saves for the Marists (10-5-1) and Sarah Majewski added three saves.
• Amanda Tourjee had 35 assists and Jill Sykora added 26 digs as No. 5 Waterford beat No. 12 St. Joseph 25-23, 20-25, 25-23, 25-17 in a Class M second-round match.
Lexi Moger had 13 kills and Vanessa Kobyluck had four blocks for Waterford (14-6), which will play host to No. 13 Brookfield in Friday's quarterfinals at 7 p.m.
Brookfield knocked off No. 4 Bullard-Havens in three games in its second-round match.
• John Tarzian scored with 7:53 left in the second overtime, lifting No. 4 Coast Guard to a 2-1 win over No. 5 Springfield in the first round of the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference tournament. Coast Guard (9-7-2) plays at No. 1 MIT Saturday at 10:30 a.m., in the semifinals.
Coast Guard took a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute when Joe Bodzewski scored, with Matt Epperly assisting. John Rendon also had an assist for Coast Guard.
• Montville's Jeff Tryon had a hat trick for Hartford as it beat UMass-Lowell, 5-2, in its regular season finale. Tryon has a team-high 15 points and is tied for the team lead in goals (six). The Hawks will be the third seed in the America East quarterfinals on Saturday against and opponent and at a time to be determined.