Published December 15. 2013 4:00AM
Charles and Doris Wilkinson of Quaker Hill, celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with their four sons, Michael, Kevin, Keith and Greg. The couple was married Nov. 21, 1953, at St. Augustine's Cathedral in Bridgeport.
Mr. Wilkinson served in the U.S. Navy on submarines for five years, then worked at Electric Boat as an engineer and manager for thirty six years. Mrs. Wilkinson continues to be very active in civic organizations, including the Waterford Women's Club, and the Waterford Senior Center.
They have eight grandchildren, Tyler, Kate, Michael, Lindsey, Caroline, Sam, Tom and Erin, and two great granddaughters.
The Wilkinson's have lived in Waterford since 1957 and in Quaker Hill since 1968.